Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 4 - On the road from California to Arizona

* * Due to internet and computer issues this has been post dated**


At 2 a.m. my day started since my body was convinced that it was actually 10 a.m. and I was being lazy in bed. However, what a blessing it ended up to be. The house was still and quiet and I had some sweet time with the Lord. The past weeks have been so full of preparations and meetings that I have felt my intimate time with my Savior lacking. It seems that the expectation and anticipation of seeing friends and family again have overshadowed by joy and satisfaction in the Lord. I have been feeling a bit pressured and so my time with the Lord has been shortened and distracted. What a gracious Lord I have that He gently reminded me of my priorities. Mark 1 was where He brought me this morning. I read of the intense and busy days of Christ – how He was pressured, pulled, and in constant demand BUT He did not neglect the communion and fellowship with His Father in the early morning. He knew that the only way to accomplish all God had ordained for Him for the day was to be energized by the power of the Living God in prayer. Oh, how thankful I was for that loving reminder.

By 7 a.m. we were ready to load up in the RV and head out of LA. The 36 foot RV will be an intermittent home for the next 3 months and we are thankful for it.

Kris’s dad, Arper, was an invaluable help during these last days. We are so grateful for their generosity in letting us borrow the RV this summer.

Kris at the wheel. We both noted how nice it was to ride on wide, well-paved roads. We all enjoyed the gorgeous view of desert shrubs, craggy mountains, and jumbled rocks. What a creative God we serve! The desert hues are stunning and the azure sky seems endless.

Arizona welcomed us with scorching heat – to us at least coming from 65 degree weather in Tirana. Today we make our stop at the Grand Canyon. Chelle and the girls have never been there and are excited to see this “little hole in the ground”.

Ok, so I was totally unprepared for the grandeur and immensity of the Grand Canyon. As we approached the North Rim at sunset we stood amazed at the awesome majesty and power of our God displayed here. All around us the rocks were shouting out that God is, “The ROCK! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He.” (Deut 32:4). It made me heart so sad to see so many people standing by this same display of God’s glory and not being moved to worship it’s Creator. Instead, they deceive themselves that this mindboggling beauty was made over millions of years without a Divine, beautiful Creator. Oh, how their minds have been blinded. God open their eyes to see your magnificence


I will say that I was a bit more occupied with watching my children most of the time though. That huge, sheer canyon has no fence or anything to keep curious kids from falling off the edge! Yikes! We were all so thankful that we made it to the Grand Canyon in time to see the sun slide down the opposite rim. What a splendid end to a wonderful day!

No comments: