Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mommy's eyes

Well, Whitney's good eye must be working just fine. Tonight, when I was putting the girls to bed she asked me this question.

"Mommy, is there a line next to my eye?"

I thought she must have a scratch or something. I didn't see anything and told her so. She responded with this:

"No, I mean will I have lines next to my eyes like you do?"

Yikes! It's official, my 37 years and 10 months are catching up with me. I told her that most of those lines are recent additions to my face since our past couple of weeks have been rather "wrinkly".

From the mouths of babes.

7 comments:

rastire said...

OK, Breanna told me I was breaking because of the lines on my legs. Sierra told Grandpa she knew he was old because of the lines on his face. What is it with the line thing and those Stire girls. Actually, they are hilariously funny. We love each one. So good to hear from you, Chelle. Love you, Mom, Nonie and Grandpa, Dad

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Mom said...

Oh, how observant!
Loved it!

Mom/Grammie
Charles/GranBud

flowersgirl said...

You're only old when they start to ask whether your hair is brown or gray! You've got a lot of good years left, Chel.

:)
Steph

S. Schoppe said...

Friends,

I, too, have joined you in the "war wounds." It was such a pleasure and joy to speak to you on the phone. I wish we could have spoken longer. Your blog about the quote from the China missionary was very humbling with a newborn in the house. How often am I complaining. How often I don't yield the whole part of my day. Know that the Lord is pleased with you and that you are loved. Tell Whitney that Kevin and I love her dearly and are praying for her. She has been so brave and so strong. It is so good to see the Lord working in you; "when we are weak..He is strong!"

Keep making Christ so beautiful!

Love to you and the family!!!

-S. Schoppe

Cherie Baker Vann said...

love it!!

Lauren said...

Hi chelle, I just found your blog from Kris's facebook page, We are just about to leave for a few days, but when I come back on Wed, I can't wait to read it and catch up with you. It sounds like you have had tons going on in your life recently. I'll look forward to catching up with you. Lauren