This is a photo of the sweet missionary, Sarah, that we have been in contact with here in Istanbul. She was so great to drive over an hour to come and visit us. She brought Whitney a box of Dunkin' Donuts too.
Sarah and I had such a great time of fellowship. Even though we have only known each other for a few days, we felt like we had known eachother for ages. We talked about the Lord's goodness in mission work, what we are learning about Him, our families and even her new romance (!). God was so good to bring her into our lives. Best of all, she brought 2 Turkish Bibles and a Turkish translation of "More Than a Carpenter".
Here is Whitney on the blanket that I finally finished knitting for her. She was so excited. It has taken me quite a few months to get around to finishing it. I guess I just needed a few days of uninterrupted time. I am glad that she finally got it during this special time together.
This is the entrance to the pediatric ward where we are staying. It is a really nice hospital and we are grateful to be in this wonderful facility. Thanks God!
Dear praying friends,
This morning I received the following, most fitting quote, from a sweet friend in Texas.
"In the end everything will be all right,
Nothing can harm you permanently;
No loss is lasting,
No defeat more than transitory,
No disappointment is conclusive.
Suffering, failure, loneliness, sorrow, discouragement and death will be part of your journey, but the kingdom of God will conquer all of these horrors.
No evil can resist grace forever."
-Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel
I was so encouraged by these words. I was also filled with hope as it brought to mind the tremendous passage from II Corinthians 4:16-18 that calls us to “not lose heart…for our momentary and light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are unseen…”
Today was just a day of waiting. We did not have an appointment with the doctor, but will see him tomorrow. So, we have no new news to share with you all today. However, I did want to give you a couple of new prayer requests:
1. Pray for the insurance company to pay for all the medical costs, emergency air transport and hospital stay. We will submit all the doctors’ notes, tests results and bills when we return to Albania. Now we just pray that they will be able to discern the gravity of the situation and be willing to pay the full amount. Kris and I are confident that God will care for the financial aspect of this “accident” as He has shown Himself our Lavish Provider thus far.
2. Pray that God would work out all the details of the return trip to Albania. Whitney will probably be discharged in a couple of day. Then we will, more than likely, have to stay overnight in a hotel, get a taxi to the airport that is an hour away, and navigate the issues of travelling from one country from one country to another. There are quite a few details that we need to organize in order to get home.
3.Continue to pray for the healing of hemorrhage in Whitney’s eye and that she would not have a secondary hemorrhage while we are away from the hospital. I have a whole page full of questions to ask the doctor tomorrow and one of them is regarding the chances of disturbing this hemorrhage by travelling and resuming normal life (school, playing, reading, etc.).
4. Pray for God to provide opportunity to share the gospel with Dr. Oram and/or Eylem.
We are eternally grateful for your prayers for us. Through this whole experience, your love and prayers have given us great joy, comfort, and hope. We praise God for you!
Focused on eternity,
Chelle Stire
No comments:
Post a Comment