Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Flori and Genta's wedding
June 14th


Sierra was the flowergirl at the wedding of Flori and Genta. This is the couple that Kris has been meeting with for pre-marital counseling for the past few months. I have also had the joy of getting together with Genta. She has asked that we get together more regularly. Yeah! Actually, Breanna was supposed to be the flower girl, but she was a little afraid when the moment actually arrived. I thought this might happen so I made sure that her dress fit Sierra and so Sierra took her place. Later Sierra told me that she had been praying that she would get to be the flower girl and that God had answered her prayer. LOL


Kris was also part of this blessed event. He played the piano and co-ordinated the music team. He is always so happy to serve in this way. It was beautiful.


Here are Flori and Genta during the ceremony. Their wedding had many similarities to a traditional American wedding (white dress, bridesmaids/groomsmen, music, unity candle, and cake). However, after the ceremony they had the Albanian traditional wedding dancing, somewhat like that of the Jewish people. It is a group event and is quite entertaining. Kris and I enjoyed watching this. As we got ready to leave we couldn't find Breanna. Turns out, she was not content to watch this from the sidelines. She was out dancing in the line with all the Albanians! I wish I had had my camera for that.

No comments: