Sunday, May 11, 2008

ROSEANN STIRE
Kris's mom

On December 18, 1993 God gave me an amazing husband, Kris. With him came the blessed gift of his mother, RoseAnn Stire. I praise God for bringing this godly example of a mother-in-law to me. She has, in fact, been much more than a mother-in-law. She has been a wise counselor, a dear friend, a wonderful grandmother (Nonnie), a faithful prayer warrior, a cheerful encourager, a transparent sister in Christ, a God-honoring wife, and so much more. I have been greatly influenced by her life. At our wedding, pictured above, I couldn't comprehend the rich blessing she would be to me.
The time that Kris and I (and Kaitlyn for 1 year of her life) lived in California, our house was only a couple of blocks from Kris's parents house. We had so much fun with them. Those days are full of great memories of games, lots of meals together, holiday gatherings, fellowshipping together at church and challenging one another to be more faithful to Christ. RoseAnn is a fantastic grandmother (pictured above with Kaitlyn, who is about one year old) and our children have been and will continue to be blessed to have her as a grandmother and friend.
When Kris and I followed God leading to serve the Lord in Albania, RoseAnn (and Arper, Kris's dad) were nothing but encouraging. It was never a concern of ours that they would try to talk us out of moving their four granddaughters to the other side of the world. Of course, the heart of a mother and grandmother, hurts to know that her loved ones are growing and changing apart from her watchful eye, but RoseAnn's commitment to honor God reigned supreme as she gave her blessing and her prayers.
As Kris stood next to his mom at his graduation from Dallas Theological Seminary in May of 2007, I knew that the influence of his mother had made a lasting impact in his life, and consequently on mine and on our children's lives. From the first day that I met RoseAnn our hearts and spirits were knit together in a unique way. I am thankful to God for this woman who walks before me in humility, walks beside me in love, and walks behind me in faithful encouragement. Thank you, RoseAnn, for being a tremendous mother to me. I love you! I can't wait to see you in July, Lord willing.

1 comment:

Mom said...

As your mother, I always wanted you have another in your life that would give a different "spin" on life. RoseAnn Stire is the gift from God's hand that I prayed for in your young life. I love her dearly and my only wish would be that she and I could have lived closer together to 'hang out together'. You have been blessed, Chelle, with two moms that totally love you! And being the mother to our four little grand daughter's makes you even more special! I love you, honey! You are a great mom! You are a great daughter! To God be the glory! He certainly has done GREAT THINGS! Great is His faithfulness! Amen!