Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Packing up and moving out

God has given us such an amazing church family! The week of June 11-16 many people set aside hours to serve our family by helping to pack, watching our girls, bringing us food, cleaning our house or helping at our garage sale. As the week started I wondered if we would be able to get everything done. However, with so many willing hands we did finish on time. Judy Woodcock and Lisa Tyson helped pack fragile things in the kitchen on the first day.
Berta Hemken came with her granddaughter, Kylie, and together we finished packing the kitchen on the third day.
Amy Booker, Stacy Daniels and Melissa Blane worked their fingers to bone scrubbing bathrooms, washing floors and the cleaning out cabinets and the refrigerator. I don't know what I would have done with out these wonderful friends who did the "dirty" work while I finished the last bit of packing on Friday.
(OOPS, on the sideways picture) Chris Booker came to help Kris load up the furniture and heavy boxes and get them to the warehouse where they waited to be loaded onto the container to be shipped to Albania. It's a good thing both those guys were there to lift that 20 lb. end table. LOL.
Here is our garage sale on June 16th. We sold most of everything we weren't taking and then gave away what was left. Jason and Claire Drumm came early in the morning with Starbucks and breakfast burritos to help set up and work the garage sale with me. Jason also helped by steam cleaning some of the carpet in the house for us. God really answered our prayers about the weather. There was a huge storm coming and we were all praying that it wouldn't rain for the sale. It was nice and overcast for much of the day and then just as we were ready to pack up, it started to rain. Yeah, God!!! I love to see how He hears our prayers and works in such detailed ways. Amy Booker also came and spent hours finishing steam cleaning the carpets in the house. Why? WE SOLD THE HOUSE!!!!! Later that evening we went to meet our realtor and sign a contract on the house. We will close at the end of June. What an answer to prayer! Thank you for all your prayers in that regard. By the end of the day, we had sold Kris's car, signed papers on our house, and moved out of the house for good. It was a bittersweet day for me. Hey, and I almost burned the house down. That's a story for another time, maybe. :)

1 comment:

The Taras' said...

Wow,

As I look at these pictures, I am reminded of lots of good times that our families have had in that house. All of the youth events, dinners, sleep overs, tears, laughter, and hugs. So much ministry has taken place there...I have to wonder if that house will ever be used so much for the Lord again???? I will miss the comfort of that house- and the sweet family that made it that way! I love you guys!

-sarah