Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bible times around the table



Every morning, before the girls head off the school, they work on a Bible study that is age appropriate. Word of Life has put out this wonderful resource for them to use. We have been so encouraged to see them learning to build the discipline of daily quiet time with the Lord from a young age. Kris and I find that these small samplings of Scripture and commentary are a wonderful springboard to discussions about specific application in their lives. Even Breanna gets in on the action. She is always so excited to "read" her Bible. Praise God for the living and active Word of God.



Kaitlyn and I have begun a regular discipleship time together. We are reading and discussing Elizabeth George's book "A Young Woman's Walk with God" about the fruit of the Spirit. It has been a wonderful and incredibly encouraging time for me, as Katilyn's mom, to see her studying and appropriating the Word of God for herself. The first time we sat down together to go over our study, right after we prayed Kaitlyn looked at me and said, "Well, mom, what did you find interesting or convicting on the first page?" Who's discipling who here? :-) I have to say that our times together have been some of the best one-on-one discipleship times I have had with anyone. Her grasp of the deeper meaning of things and how to make specific application to her life is amazing to me. After working with Jr. High and High School students for many years I was expecting more immature and superficial discussions, but was overjoyed to have her asking lots of great questions and relating the truth of the Bible to her heart and her motives. Praise God that He has given her a heart that is inclined towards Him.

Please continue to pray that the Seed of the Word that is being planted in the hearts of our girls would bear fruit from a young age for His glory.

7 comments:

Mom said...

This is such joy to my heart, Chel! The photos are so great! To God be the glory! What a blessing for you, as mom, to see the growth and excitment (and yes, even the gift of teaching demonstrated by Kaitlyn) of studying the Word of our God! Hallelujah! I will continue to pray! Thanks for sharing!

rastire said...

Wow, how exciting to see the excitement in our girls. I love the pictures and the demonstration of growth in them. I love what a great job you and Kris are doing. To God be the Glory. He is a great and glorious God. Love you guys so much, Mom

Caryn said...

Hi Chelle,
I'm Caryn; you don't know me personally, but my hubby (Kempton) knows Kris. I'm also good friends with your "old" friends Diane & Courtney. My fam actually has one of your fam pics that was given before you headed to Albania. We pray for your fam often. I've been a lurker to your blog & decided to come out of hiding :-).

S. Schoppe said...

WOW! This is what I dream of for my daughter, Ruth Anne, and I. But, it starts at the very beginning. Thank you so much for posting this. Praise God that Kaitlyn has a soft heart for the Lord. I love her questions. Go, Kaitlyn! Maybe you can start disciplining me, too? HA! We miss you all so dearly. I will be praying for your upcoming trip, Whitney, back to Greece on Monday.

I love the picture of the girls around the table reading the Bible. Praise God! I'm curious. What do the girls think of you all taking pictures of them? I know that one day they will look back and be so thankful you posted that blog.

Foundations for generations to come are being laid.
Love you all so much.

Because of Christ,

Sharon & Ruth Anne

The Taras' said...

Yea! I am so happy to see NEW pictures of your sweet faces! :) I miss you Chelle, very much!

I love this post! What a gift from the Lord to be able to have that precious time of fellowship with your sweet daughter! I love it!

joyfullytiredmom said...

Chelle, such beautiful girls! What a blessing that you are teaching them beauty is in the soul, springing from Gods word. Knowing you as I do, I'm not surprised that you have such a passion for God and your girls. Love reading your blog and praying for your family. Love, Laurie H.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I love hearing about your life and all the things that are happening. The blog is important !! Keep it up sister !!!
Oh, by the way, tell Sierra that Gracie is her spiritual sister too!
Praise be to God.
Love you and miss you.
AMy J.