The Rock Jump and Swimming Hole

Kris took the girls to a cool river nearby for a day of adventure with some other kids from our church. This cold river flows down from the mountain range nearby.

This deep swimming hole has a rock that juts out over it and is a popular spot for rock jumping. Kris said that Kaitlyn was the only girl that jumped off the rock into the pool. He said that he had to jump off after she did because it would have looked bad if he was shown up by his 11 year old daughter. LOL! She is definitely not afraid of heights.
First day of school

Whitney missed the first day of school while we were in Turkey. Kaitlyn, Sierra and Breanna are pictured here on the stairs of GDQ, the K-8 evangelical school here in Tirana.

Here is Breanna on her first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited to be going to school with her sisters. Daddy and Kaitlyn helped her get ready for this big day. She had her big girl backpack all ready for a couple of weeks before school started. I can't believe that my baby girl is off to school.

Here is Sierra with one of her best friends, Abby Doci.
Seminary graduation
On October 5th, the Southeastern Europe Theological Seminary, where Kris is a professor, held it's first graduation. There were 5 Albanian men that graduated with their Masters of Divinity degree. This event and some details about it will be highlighted in our upcoming newsletter.
Although I was very disappointed to miss out on the girls' first day of school and the graduation, I am thankful that Kris took some photos and that he was here to make those events special for the girls. We are even more appreciative for God's design in creating a family unit after these weeks of being apart. I am more aware of and grateful for the stability and leadership that Kris brings to our family and Kris is more aware of and grateful for the day-to-day duties that I do that help him focus on his job as provider for our family. God certainly used this time to grow our marriage and family. Thank You, Lord for this lesson in love.
4 comments:
God is so good to help us appreciate what we have, isn't He? As I was praying for all of you, I was knowing that God doesn't waste anything as far as our sanctification is concerned. God bless you all. We love you and miss you all so much, love, Mom and Dad, Nonnie and Grandpa.
Technology!
We love it because Charles (GranBud) and myself (Mom & Grammie)feel as though we are alive with you in Tirana through your photos.
Thanks...you have such a wide and deep ministry to us!
Our prayers continue for the girls, Kris and you, Chelle. They will not cease! You can count on that!
Thanks for the updates!
Hugs and Freddie kisses for the girls!
Hugs for their parents!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Hi guys I miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and I pray for you every day. Hopefully I come and visit sometime soon!
Been praying for you for some time, but can never get my comments to post. Hope it works this time. I'll pray whether it does or not :)
Post a Comment